Monday, January 14, 2013

Sweet Treat Card with Attached Bookmark! Plus Blog Candy!

Hello my Crafty Friends!
Today I have another post for Joys Life Design Team.
This week the Design Team have been asked to use a new technique. So I put my thinking hat on and decided to try making a card with a treat holder and also with a attached bookmark.
I took a 12 X 12 piece of card stalk and cut it at 5.5 inches.
Next I scored the paper at 4.5 and then folded this in half. This left 3 inches and this is where I perforated it so I would have a 3 inch bookmark.
(Blog Candy at bottom of post)
I then layered the card with red and white and added some faux stitching around the edge of the card and added my sentiment from Joys Life Stamps "Everyday Occasions".

For the front of the card I used doll 13 from Cricut Paisley cartridge since she has a nice fat belly. I then punched a hole where the flower was supposed to go. Nest I placed the doll on the front of the card and drew a circle so I could punch a hole through all the layers. Next step was to add a candy mold from Michael's.

For the  flower to fit around the mold  I used my gypsy to get the right size. I made a small tag to fit over the hole and added a tab . I then used pop up dots for the tag to slip in.
Next step was to design the book mark.
Once again I used Cricut Paisley cartridge to cut this sexy looking cat.
The sentiment is from Joys Life Stamps " Lots of Puns"
These cards are so much fun to make and I just love adding the bookmark.
When cleaning up my scrap room I came across a extra Mini Rotary Cutter by Recollections.
 I must have purchased it and forgotten about it, so if you would like to make one of these cards with the attached bookmark, just leave a comment with a way to get in touch with you and I will pick a winner next Monday.
As always thanks for stopping by. Have a great week.

11 comments:

Diana Fernandez said...

Oh Jenny this is sooo cute! I love that kitty! My email is didi0518 at aim dot com! Happy Monday!

~ Jo ~ said...

Jenny this is awesome! It is soooo cute and that cat is just sassy!!! Love it!!!

Hugs,
Jo
Joann6274 at gmail dot com

katieo said...

I just love this idea. I have a few friends who love to read. The cat from Paisley is my favorite

sallysbitz2 said...

Oh wow, this is brilliant, two treats in one card, love it x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.co.uk

Sherrie K. said...

So creative Jenny! The kitty is so darn awesome!Super sassy and I love it! I always forget about those cute treat cups!TFS!
Have a great Monday my friend!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Kate said...

What a fun card - with multiple gifts!! I'm so impressed! I love the colour scheme you've used too.

Jenny, I've just read your comment on another blog and am so terribly sorry to read about your daughter!! How terrifying it must have been for you all. I do hope that your daughter is doing much better now. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Hi, I am Karen Driscoll said...

Jenny!! This is AMAZING!! I always get inspire by you! I am also going to not be as present this week with my crafting, and it is all explained on my blog, I just posted it, and I am thinking and saying a special prayer for your your family. :) Karen♥

Marilyn said...

Adorable card!! One of my granddaughters would love this card. thanks for sharing

mimicaro9650 at yahoo dot com
http://www.whodatscrapper.blogspot.com

D- said...

What an excellent technique! Love your card. TFS.
dmcardmaker (AOL)
(email follower)

June Houck said...

I love these, Jenny!

Owen Dixon said...

Thank you for bbeing you